Email marketing is known to be one of the most robust targeted marketing techniques. It allows you to send marketing content to your current and potential clients. If you are not sure how email marketing can help you grow your business, here are 4 main reasons why you should consider starting your email marketing campaigns:
- A targeted marketing channel: Unlike television and billboard ads, email marketing allows you to control who sees your ads. Segmenting your leads by location, gender, interests, and other data allows you to send your clients marketing materials that actually suit them which results in higher conversion rates.
- Increasing brand awareness: Crafting customized emails and sending them to the correct potential client segment allows you to increase your brand exposure. With that, your product or service will stay on the top of the client’s list when they need it.
- Measurability: With email marketing, it is easy to track your campaign success as it provides accurate statistics that allows you to know more about your client’s interests. Accordingly, you will be able to tweak your marketing campaigns to achieve even better results.
- Cost effectiveness: Email marketing is one of the most cost effective marketing channels. Unlike using non-targeted marketing channels (printables, tv and radio ads, etc) email marketing relies on sending the right marketing content to the right audience which leads to higher return on investment rates.
Today we will be reviewing SendPulse, an email marketing platform that offers more features than any other email service provider out there.
Besides emails, SendPulse offers SMS and web push notification services. Offering more marketing communication channels increases the reach to your audience. For example, if your email campaign statistics show a low conversion rate from leads above 50 years. You can try reaching this segment using SMS and compare the numbers with the email campaign.
What is unique about SendPulse is that it provides an Artificial Intelligent system that helps in getting higher open rates. This is achieved by collecting user behavior data and analyzing them. Accordingly, the system identifies the “golden hour” to send your email to each subscriber. SendPulse states that this technology increases the open rates by 30%. Of course, having higher open rates contributes to the success of your marketing campaign. Yet, you will also need to craft the email carefully so that it would suit the segment that you are sending it to.
Creating your SendPulse free account
SendPulse offers a free plan that is limited to sending 15000 emails per month to 2,500 subscribers. This plan is perfect if you have a small business or just want to try SendPulse. The user interface is intuitive. On the top bar, you can navigate between the different services that SendPulse offers (Emails, Push, SMTP, AI). On the left side of the screen, you can navigate through the different options under each service.
To kick off your first email campaign you will need to have a mailing list. You have the option to import an existing email list or start building up your mailing list using SendPulse’s subscription form. You can build up your form from scratch using the Form Builder or choose one of the available form templates and customize it to your likings.
You can design your own email template using the easy drag-and-drop builder or design your HTML template from scratch.
SendPulse comes loaded with pre-built email templates that you can customize to fit your campaign. There is a template for almost every niche. Additionally, the templates are categorized to find your desired template easily.
Setting up your campaign is done in three steps:
- Information about the campaign: Where you choose the desired mailing list and segment, set the sender email and name, and the subject line. Additionally, you have the option to send different messages based on specific criteria that you choose. For example, if you want to send a personalized message for your clients who live in a specific country. You can define the message that you want to be sent if the country value matches these criteria; otherwise, it will send a different message to the rest of the countries.
- Template and message text: This is where you actually design your email. As we mentioned earlier, you have the option to build up your email from scratch or customize one of the pre-built templates.
- Review and sending: This is the final step where you check the mailing list, segment, email, attach files, etc. You also get to schedule the time to send the newsletter. I highly recommend that you send a test email before hitting the Start button; just to make sure that everything looks right.
Web push notifications
If you own a smart phone, you must be very familiar with push notifications. Many mobile apps send notifications that include information about the latest offers, new products, updates, etc. In a similar fashion, web push notifications are messages that are sent to you clients urging them to visit your website again. Of course, your clients will not receive these notifications if they don’t choose to do so. This makes web push notifications a friendly marketing channel. SendPulse offers setting up web push notifications to your website. You only need to add a line of code in your website template and set up the notification message that you want to send to your users. It is worth mentioning that you can personalize the push notifications, meaning that the push notification can include the client’s name and other personal details which increase the subscriber interaction chances.
Send SMS marketing campaigns
Many companies tend to use SMS to notify thier clients about the statuse of their shipment, payments due, discounts, etc. With SendPulse you can send individual SMSs and lunch SMS marketing campaigns to over 200 countries around the world. As a side note, you can also lunch Viber marketing campaigns.
Email automation aka “Autoresponders” are emails that are sent automatically when they are triggered.For example, you can trigger a welcome email to be sent when a user signs up to your newsletter. With SendPulse you can setup automated emails:
- Subscription confirmation and Welcome emails
- Trigerring an email to be sent on a given date. For example, sending clients an email with a coupon on his/her birthday.
- Trigering an email to be sent if the subscriber opens the email, doesn’t open the email, or clicks on a specific link in the email.
Reporting and Analysis
Statistics are a must for each email campaign that you run as it allows you to measure the performance of that campaign. Accordingly, you can work on improving your marketing campaigns. SendPulse provides the below metrics:
- Open rate
- Click rate
- Marked as spam
- Open by location, the number of opened emails in each country
- Clicks map, the number of clicks for each link in the email
- Devices used to open the email (desktop, mobile)
- Operating system used
- Browser used
- Delivery error statistics (invalid email, domain doesn’t exist, spam by server, mailbox is full, marked as spam by the user)
I must say that crafting an email that will be sent to hundreds or maybe thousands of subscribers is not an easy job! As you need to take a tremendous amount of decisions:
- Which would make a better subject line?
- Which font size and color is better?
- Should I rephrase this part?
- Should this be a call to action button or an image?
This is where A/B testing comes really handy as it allows you to choose which element performs better. For example, if you are not sure which will bring higher open rates; subject line (A) or Subject line (B). In this case, you can use the A/B testing feature. Simply send an email (A) to a number of subscribers and email (B) to the same number of subscribers. The subject line that gets more opens will be the winner and as a result, you will use the winning subject line to send the message to the rest of your subscribers.
Documentation and Support
SendPulse’s knowledge base is well-organized and informative. The knowledge base articles provide detailed instructions on how to use the different features SendPulse offers. Additionally, they offer an internet marketing glosary that explains the essential email marketing terminologies. On top of that, they offer video tutorials. At the time of writing this article, I can only see a few videos there. I hope that SendPulse team can work on a video tutorial library that covers the different features.
SendPulse offers 24/7 support via phone and chat to assist you in resolving any issues you might run into.
As we mentioned earlier, SendPulse offers a free plan limited to sending 15,000 emails per month to 2,500 subscriber. SendPulse’s paid plans are really flixable as they allow you to choose a package tailored to fit your needs.
- Monthly subscription: Where you choose the number of subscriber, with an unlimited number of emails starting @ $9.85 for 2,500 subscribers
- Pay as you go: Where you choose the number of messages that you want to send starting @ $32 for 10,000 messages
- VIP Plan: This plan is dedicated for businesses that has more than 1 million subscribers.
It is worth mentioning that SendPulse offers the web push notification service for free.
If you are looking for an email marketing service, SendPulse is a solid choice. As it offers an SMS marketing service and a free web push notifications as well. On top of that, you can get to pay for what you use. Give SendPulse a try as it is free if you have less than 2,500 subscribers. Let us know what you think in the comments section.