In this blog post, we will be reviewing Total theme. It has more than 20k sales on ThemeForest with a 4.82 stars rating. Worked by WPExplorer and released in late 2013.
Total is multi-purpose that was crafted to suit different types of websites. Whether you want to build a business website, portfolio, an online store or even a blog, Total is a solid choice. As it offers 40+ demos.
Let’s dive in and see what Total theme has to offer.
Must say that the list of features goes very long. In the role of being a multipurpose theme we would expect tons of features. What makes Total special is that it allows you to disable the features that you don’t need, which is a plus that is not found in other multi-purpose themes. Here is a list of the most important features that comes with Total:
- Theme options are integrated into the WordPress customizer, which make it easier to preview live changes.
- A separate theme options panel, that allows you to customize different parts of the theme. You also have the option to enable and disable the these options features
- Coupled with Visual Composer, it offers an easy yet effective drag and drop designing solution.Worth mentioning that Total extends the functionality of VC by a set of extra modules build specially for the total theme.
- Build and customize your sliders with ease as it comes with the famous Slider Revolution plugin.
- Compatible with WooCommerce, allowing you to build and customize you online store effortlessly
- Allows you to customize the login, under construction and 404 pages.
- 40+ Theme demos and sample data
- Custom post types like, portfolio, staff and testimonials.
- Choose between different page and post layouts.
- Translation Ready and compatible with the WPML plugin
Installing And Configuring Total Theme
Once you install and activate the theme. Total comes with Contact Form 7, Slider Revolution, Templatera and the well-known page builder Visual Composer. Make sure to install and activate these plugins. Feel free to deactivate any of the plugins if you are not using it.
By navigating to the Theme Panel you will see a list of all the theme options, where you can enable or disable them. In my opinion, this is one of the most important features provided by the Total theme. As it allows you to show the options you need only.
To customize these options, click on the Theme Panel on your WordPress Admin menu.
You can customize different theme options from there, like customizing the 404 page and uploading the Fivicons
Total Theme Demos
Rather than building your website from scratch, you can make use of the many theme demos that Total offers. Whether you own a cafe, a company, a construction company, or just want to create a simple portfolio, Total got you covered.
Importing the demo content is an easy process. You can simply navigate to the Theme Panel -> Demo Importer and choose the demo you like.
The importer gives you the option to choose what you need.
Customizing Total Theme
Total have integrated many of the theme options under the default WordPress customizer, which allows you to see a live preview of the changes you apply.
Once you jump into the WordPress Default customizer you will find a lot of the theme customization options stuffed there. You can personalize the website, layout, fonts, header and many other parts.
Total is bundled with the Visual composer page builder. In the matter of fact, the pages associated with the demos are created using Visual Composer.
To customize any of the pages you will simply click on the edit icon of the different Visual Composer modules. You can also delete any of the modules or add your own to customize the page to your liking.
Worth mentioning that Total adds special custom modules to Visual Composer, 45+ modules. Consequently, extending your pages designing options.
Bundled Premium Plugins
Total bundles $83 worth of plugins:
- Visual Composer, the most popular drag-and-drop page builder.
- Templatera, a Visual Composer add-on that allows you to create, manage and set control access to your templates.
- Slider Revolution, the famous WordPress slider plugin.
- In case Slider Revolution is not enough! Total also comes with LayerSlider, one of the best sellers on CodeCanyon.
Total Theme Compatibility
When building your website you don’t want pluins’ compatibility to be a showstopper for you. The list of Total’s compatible plugins goes long. Here are some of them:
Total Theme Documentation And Support
Total theme documentation is well organized and categorized. It includes illustrative screenshots and video tutorials.
WPExplorer provides the support of Total theme through the Themeforest comments. This applies to easy to fix issues. For more complex issues you can submit a support ticket on the WPExplorer support page. I couldn’t find a support forum where I can look up issues submitted by other clients. In my opinion, WPExplorer should consider creating one as it makes it easier for end users to find solutions to common issues.
You can get Total now for a $10 discount $49 instead of $59 (2017 New year’s sale). You will get the theme along with future updates and 6 months of support. You can extend the support for 12 months for an extra $13.88.
What is unique about Total is that it allows you to enable only the features you need, leaving you with a cleaner and more organized dashboard. It also offers loads of sample demos, which relieves you from the pain of starting your website from scratch.
Total’s bundled and supported plugins make it a solid choice for a multipurpose theme.