What is WordPress Automatic Translation?
The translated content is parsed (content is fetched) and replace the original content. The whole process is done on server side.
You will be able to translate the content (or edit the automatic machine translation) on the platform that the translation company provides you with. Most of those companies offer a professional translation that you can order to translate your content by a professional translator.
If you want to have a look at the process, you can check our article here where we explained how to use Weglot to translate a WordPress site.
Is it similar to Google Translate?
We are talking about real translation and real content that can be indexed by search engines like Google and Bing. For example, if your English content is accessed by site.com/en/your-content, the translated content can be accessed by this link site.com/fr/your-content
A look at the prices
In the screenshots below, we have collected the pricing plans for 4 companies that provide WordPress automatic translation services.
- Ease of Use: With few clicks, you can translate your WordPress site automatically.
- Performance: No extra content will be served from your database, which is a plus for your site performance.
- Prices. With an average of $75/year for a single website, WordPress automatic translation services can be considered as an expensive translation solution. Not talking about the professional translations you may order to correct the automatic machine translations.
- Reliance on the service provider server. The translated content is served from your service provider server, that is to say, you don’t own your translated content and surely, you have nothing to do with the servers downtime.
Examples of WordPress Automatic Translation Plugins :
- Weglot: If you want to have a quick look at Weglot and how to use it to translate your WordPress site, check our tutorial now.
- Scrybs: Check our detailed guide of how to use Scrybs to translate your WordPress site.
- Bablic Localization: Click here to get Bablic Localization plugin.
It’s important to realize that creating multilingual WordPress sites is becoming a need for many websites owners.
Translations solutions are growing every day.
In this article, we did not compare WordPress automatic translation plugins with the other regular translation plugins such as WPML and Polylang. In fact, we just tried to make a definition of that translation method. In other words, we’re going to do the comparison between them, but in another post.
If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to use the comments section below.